Friday, March 13, 2015

Day 1 Travel Day

This was a very long day and I am so proud of our kids.  They were amazing travelers and I didn't hear one single complaint from any of them!  Karrah was my seat buddy and we had a fun time together sandwiched between two Asian women who were so sweet and kind.  I am amazed and in awe that an airplane as big as a 747-400 can be in the air for 13 and a half hours without needing to stop for fuel.  Wow!  When we reached Beijing airport we were directed to go to through Customs for "Foreigners."  It feels a little humbling to be called that, even though we are-"Foreigners."  Until we reached Customs, the airport seemed eerily empty.  The line for Customs was a jam packed mess of about 500-600 people all trying to get up to four check point windows.  The "line" wasn't moving.  I was trying to not get discouraged, but we were all extremely tired because we had had little sleep the night before we left and not much on our flight.  Of course we couldn't understand any of the signage and we weren't exactly sure we were in the right place other than the fact that it seemed everyone in the airport was in this same location!  Once we reached the check-in window, we were passed through very quickly without question.  We picked up our bags and headed out to find our guide.  I had visualized this moment of making it to China, and once I saw the smiling young woman holding the America World Adoption sign, I about broke down crying.  All of the emotions and stress of preparing, packing, and traveling let down.  I was rejoicing that we made it.  Thank you Lord for all your provisions, help, and going before us.  I could and can feel us bathed in prayer.  Thank you all at home for remembering us.

1 comment: