Thursday, March 19, 2015

Day 4 Travel Day to Guiyang, Guizhou

We had an early start to our day as all of our group left our hotel at 6:45 am for the airport.  Each family traveled to our child's province.  Only we and another family from Arlington, TX went to Guizhou.  We were anticipating a 5 hour flight, but were pleasantly surprised when it was only 3 hrs. and 40 min.  This seemed really fast compared to our day of 15 hours in the air.  Because we left so early in the morning, I was rushed to pack the last items, which for 6 people can add up to many things! I also realize now, that I was in a sleep-deprived stupor.  In the rush I left my phone in our hotel room in Beijing.  I told our guide about this on the way to the airport and she seemd confident that she could get it to me when we met back up in Guangzhou.  We reached our hotel, unpacked, and then had a family devotion.  It was probably one of our best times in the Word together as a family.  We read and discussed the story about Jesus and his disciples when they were caught in a storm on the lake.  We talked about trusting Jesus, even when we feel things around us are out-of-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment